Tuesday 25 March 2014

The Versatile IKEA RIBBA Series Frames





        My best friend at the moment is an inanimate object!   Those versatile and very  affordable RIBBA Series frames from IKEA! You see, I  recently  started doing commissioned portraits  and  I am looking  for other ways to frame the artworks.  Usually, pastel paintings are custom framed, sure it looks professional,  but this can be a tad expensive.  Although undeniably, custom framing is still the best way to frame a pastel painting as it can come in multiple mats  and with guttering (to take care of those  loose pastel dusts), a cheaper option must surely exist.


Angel Aquino. Filipina Actress and model. Photo Source from Internet
        So today,  I visited  our local IKEA  supershop  and was gladly overwhelmed with a number of RIBBA frames choices,  both practical and decent looking and of varying colours and sizes.  And to top it all,  these  picture frames are very affordable.  Prices range from AU$ 7.95  for  18cm x 24 cm smallest frame  to the largest frame of  70cm x 100cm at AU$ 39.95. They can even be bought online and seen    here
 

        I have used RIBBA  frames before for some of my paintings and  liked it.  It does the job and is easy to assemble or disassemble.  The only thing I didn’t like about it are those tiny metal fixing pins at the back used to fixed the backing in the frame. They start breaking  off easily after a  number  of disassembly  when attempting to reuse it for another painting or picture. However, with a little resourcefulness  it can easily be fixed so still quite reusable.


        

        So far,  I am happy to be using these frames!




\
Update: as of 6/05/2014 found out that the  Ribba frames of  size 50cm x 70cm and larger,  previously with  glass front protection  have been replaced with  ones that uses plastic as front protection. Decided not to use these frame sizes for soft pastel paintings. 







        Please visit my facebook page to see some of my artworks. Likes and shares of my page are huge help!  


    Needing portraits or paintings done? Please enquire and leave a  message on my facebook page:  www.facebook.com/victorinoarts  or email me at vicfbautista@yahoo.com. Will ship internationally!


No comments:

Post a Comment