Sunday 1 May 2011

From My Sketchbook No.1

         The Wikepedia define  sketchbook as "a book or pad with blank pages for sketching, and is frequently used by artists for drawing or painting as part of their creative process." Recently, I have turned to sketchbooks to document ideas and I find it quite handy. I scribble ideas down in the sketchbook  so I would have a record of what I have in mind, as ideas can come in  a snap  and gone as fast as one can say "hello".  In it could just be pencil sketches, usually very rough ones, a hard copy of  my mental process. A sketchbook therefore,  is largely  like a record of an artist's  internal journey as he develops compositional ideas into final painting. 

          Once in a while I will be posting some sketchbook paintings/sketches here. It could be just a glimpse of a process or the  final painting itself. Anyways, hopefully you have fun viewing these! 

          Belated Happy Easter to everyone!

 

"Looking Back", Soft Pastel on sketchbook, A4 size


                                                                             Quick! Look Back!

        Most of the time we move forward
      But sometimes, we need to look backward
          In order to know where to go towards...

No comments:

Post a Comment