Friday 3 June 2011

Work in Progress No.1 - Untitled


Adelaide winter has just officially began. The past few days have been rainy and cold and it feels good to  stay home and enjoy  a steaming cup of tea while reading a good book. Unwittingly, I think I have developed a mild case of  addiction  to Nutella over the last few days as a result of  not having a lot to do besides eating (darn!). In between spoonfuls of Nutella,  I managed to sit down and spend a few moments working on this painting. Actually, am enjoying this one because this is typically not how I would do a painting ( I like the more detailed look ). Thus, I find this one a  bit  of a challenge. Typically, I  apply colours thickly and quickly and rub/blend often to get a more softer look. With this one however, I tend to apply colours lightly, sparingly and in layers  and without a lot of blending or rubbing. That is why one can still see a lot of the texture of the base paper.  Personally, I find this method/approach a lot  slower and more disciplined. Anyway, still some more painting sessions left  on this before it's finished! Let's see how it goes!  Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment